Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Almond Cake

This recipe is again from Sohini. Going by the recipes she has recommended in the past and them turning out very successful, I baked this cake to usher in the Chinese New Year. :) :) . I will have to confess here, that I took a short cut and beat sugar, egg, butter together in the mixie in one go. If you go exactly as per the recipe, you will get a fluffy and soft almond cake.  Mine did not turn out fluffy but turned out delicious  all the same.  So here goes... Sadly enough, my pics do not again do justice to what the final dish  actually look like... so do not be disheartened by my pictures at all ... ;) ;) 





Ingredients- 


2 medium sized eggs
one cup normal flour
one cup almond powder/ meal 
one and half cup castor sugar
half cup butter/margarine
essence (I used vanilla since I did not have almond) 
1 tsp baking powder
two tbsp slivered almonds halves

Beat butter and sugar for six minutes with an electric mixer.

Beat egg separately for a couple of minutes

Mix the two flour well, add baking powder and slivered almonds to the mix.

Add egg and flour to the beaten mix of butter sugar one by one, blending as you mix (manual blend). 

Add essence.

Bake at 190 deg for 35- 40 min... Its just plain awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment