Saturday, February 23, 2013

Eggless Tea Cake ( with wheat flour)

This recipe has been shared by my friend Swati Palekar. Is a yummy accompaniment to the evening tea. I substituted the all purpose flour with wheat flour ( atta) . So the changes I made were I divided the quantity of baking powder equally between baking powder and baking soda. I also added freshly grounded cinnamon ( to mask the smell of wheat flour) and skipped the dessicated coconut. Since I used wheat flour , the cake looks dense. Swati's cake looks very fluffy and so that's what you will get if you stick to the original recipe.

Swati tweaks the same recipe by adding a variety of  fruits or flavours like blue berry and lemon zest ;  banana, cranberry and cinnamon to come out with  different but awesome tasting muffins .


The link to the original recipe





No comments:

Post a Comment