Friday, February 22, 2013

Poshto Murgi / Poshto chicken

We had a four day weekend for Chinese New Year this month. I have found that I experiment the most prior to the CNY holidays so that each lunch and dinner is special and different enhancing   the holiday mood...

We love eating poshto / poppy seeds too and so when I came across this recipe in Bong mom's web site, I knew this was to be a sure winner ... The only difference being , I was left exclaiming " mera poshto murgi uske poshto murgi se zyaadaa peela kaise".. I guess I need to go slow on the turmeric powder the next time...And a confession, I cooked 1 kilo chicken only but left the quantities of other masalas unchanged,  hence the  thick gravy... The other changes I did were I skipped the fennel seeds and also skipped adding garlic to poshto while grinding the poshto...



Here is the link to the blog from which I adapted this recipe... happy cooking and slurping....

No comments:

Post a Comment