Friday, February 22, 2013

Red Goan Chicken

Variety being the spice of life, I was in search of chicken recipes with different tastes so that our palates were not bored over the four day Chinese New Year Weekend. After finding a sure winner in Poshto Murgi, Bong Mom's blog brought forth another gem in the form of  Red Goan Chicken... certainly turned out different in a very yummy way.... What I liked about both the recipes was one may cook it ( as I did ) in less oil.

  

I took two dry red chillies which I soaked in white vinegar before grinding it with the other masalas. I did not skip the tamarind ( this is wrt the blog where the blogger said she skipped the tamarind and used two dry red chillies in place of fresh red chillies) .  Instead of using one cup water, I pulverized the tomatoes in the mixie and let the chicken cook in it till specks of oil floated on the sides. 

Here is the link to the post where I found the recipe... 

No comments:

Post a Comment